Sherwood Art Week is entirely run by volunteers.
We are a happy, friendly bunch of residents, artists and makers and we welcome any offers of help. Come and join us.
There are lots of ways you can get involved in Sherwood Art Week.
If you would like to help in any way, please fill out this form.
Here are some of the things you can do
Before Sherwood Art Week starts
- Join one of the SAW sub groups to help organise the different strands eg craft fair, exhibitions.
- Provide help / technical assistance for artists to install artwork in shops
- Develop school worksheets/guides for local primary schools
- Organise feedback questionnaires for SAW visitors/users
- Develop fundraising activities
- Collecting and preparation of artists' statements
- Preparation of press releases and following up opportunities for press coverage
- Help collating information for SAW leaflets, website etc
- Identify areas for publicity
- Distribution of publicity
This year we particularly need volunteers to help us with Social Media, Our Website, Applications, Writing and distribution of e-news.
During Sherwood Art Week
- Help with setting up the night before - constructing market stalls, getting site ready, signage, helping makers set up stalls
- Stewarding on the Saturday
- Promoting Sherwood Art Week during Craft Fair
- Dismantling and packing away the evening after the craft fair
- Returning equipment to storage
- Help with setting up in different exhibition venues on the Thursday before the exhibition weekend, moving and setting up display boards, signposting, help artists install work etc.
- Take part in stewarding the exhibition venues for the weekend
- Help dismantling exhibitions and returning all equipment to storage
Art in Shops
Help with Art in Shops set-up.